Saturday, November 17, 2007

Steady and slow wins the race! (160 lbs)

My scale kinda hopped back and forth from 159.5 to 160..so I thought I would just choose the 160 for sanity sake. :)

So...there is a book that I read my kids about the infamous turtle and the hare. You know the story....but at the very end, when the turtle wins....he says, "steady and slow wins the race!". I thought that was a good line for weight loss. I would love to lose 10 lbs in 3 days like these crash diets promise you...but all it does it gives you temporary weight loss and alot of loose skin since you didn't give your body enough time to adjust. I am actually more focused in retraining myself to think of food like I do spending money. I don't. I don't shop, I don't have the craving to shop and I can go for weeks with the same $20 bill in my wallet.

I believe that slower weight loss will stay off. Mainly because you have adjusted your eating lifestyle to be permanent. No one stays on a crash diet forever.

Well....talk to you later!

No comments: