Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Motivator (161.5 lbs)

You know..it's always hard to start a new way of eating. You feel deprived..like there is something missing. As if you REALLY need to eat all flippin' day. But then...the infamous third day arrives and you are already on the new WOL bandwagon. Not so bad anymore.

What I don't miss anymore is the way I felt when I overate. Talk about tired. I can't afford to be tired...I work at home and I take care of my two little ones. Hello!

So if you look at my portion plate pics on my PLAN link off my website: http://thinonabudget.com/plan.htm I added some pics at the bottom that shows you how much that portion plate really gives you. I don't plan to bring my little portion plate friend with me to restaurants (as if I eat out all the time..ha ha). BUT...still....say a family gathering or something....I would look like a serious goober with my little pal. So I poured some cheerios on the plate and then I poured the cheerios out of it and onto a regular sized dinner plate and a good sized cereal bowl. That gave me a "guide". I was right on target with what I thought my meals should be. The cheerios filled the dinner plate up to where the rim starts to curve up. For height....it was about 2 cheerios high. So you MUST NOT pile high.....that is what I was doing. Hence why I bought the portion plate. I need the discipline.

Okay....well I have lost a few pounds..feeling good and motivated. I ate regular foods yesterday. I had fast food during lunch as I met a friend and the kids played at the playland. My friend is very thin...naturally. She says she eats alot..but then I asked, "what is alot to you?" She thought about it..and then said, "well my dinner portion is a salad plate full of food". Yeah...okay..so that's not alot. If you ever hear someone tell you that they eat loads and not gain weight..you might want to ask in more detail how much "loads" means to them. For me..that's two HUGE dinner plates of food. That was in my head when I asked her....so a salad plate is not loads in my thoughts.

Okay..well that's my post for the day. I wrote a book here. ha ha. Cya.

No comments: