Thursday, December 13, 2007

Too much salt! (159.5 lbs)

My friend who has her son on a gluten/casein free diet told me about how you start to figure out what to avoid when you do the "elimination" diet. So....I have been gluten free for 3 weeks now and gee...no more weight loss! So frustrating..but then I realized the hidden gluten in hair gels and other foods that I thought were okay. THEN..I thought I was ingesting too much dairy. Well..I found another culprit! Salt! Oh my goodness...I took a good look back on my usual dietary intake on sodium..and it was HIGH! I think I ate more than the daily requirement.

I think I started looking at that because I still felt bloaty and tingly at times..even when I was eating gluten free. And after I cut out most of my dairy. Yesterday I took note of that and ate a low sodium diet and I felt 100% better. I stayed gluten free of course. I researched sodium..and it's just as much an appetite stimulant as sugar.

So I am on my next venture to continue to eat healthier. Now mind you....I did do a cheat the other day. Ballooned up 4lbs. I was frustrated with the lack of weight loss...and then I realized the salt deal..so I am back down from those 4 lbs. So wish me luck that my future blogs will reflect a lower weight!

Until then!

No comments: