Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I did it! (158.5 lbs)

Wow. So I was on a mini vacation this the last two 1/2 days. I brought my gluten notes but you never know with restaurants and what they put in stuff. I did manage to ask the waitress if they had any gluten free meals and she had to ask the chef. I think, just like the low carb diet, this gluten free diet will become more well known. I remember those days.....I had to order stevia and splenda online and gut everything at the restaurant. But then...the Atkin's came back in full force.

So I ate good and drank wine and still managed to lose weight. My husband had some beers at Seaworld and he came back 6 lbs heavier. I avoided the beer! I think this gluten thing is fairly common with alot of folks and they don't even know it. I am trying to get my little girl to eat gluten free stuff now. Trader Joe's has some great gluten free pastas, breads, pancakes and cereals. I think her temperament will be less "drama" without gluten. It's hard to avoid it though with kids since everything is gluten in what they eat..as far as convenience foods and happy meals go.

Anywho....I am anxiously awaiting on my Gluten Free diet for Dummies book.

Will keep you posted!

No comments: